Monday, August 30, 2010

My first race

This weekend past (Aug 28-29th) J's wonderful parents came over for a visit from Victoria. We had a great time eating, drinking and generally being merry. To make it even better for the Victorians suffering the vitamin D draining effects of a long winter the weather was amazing.

This weekend was also the annual Perth City to Surf. Just before I left Rio I signed up for the 4k run/walk thinking although it wasn't really a stretch target distance wise, the 12k was possibly a bit too much of a challenge. Having continued running my standard 3-4 times a week for the past month or so I felt fairly well prepared, but that didn't stop a little bit of nervousness at the start line.

I'd set myself a couple of goals for this, my first fun run. My main aim was to run the whole way, but I was hoping to get across the finish line in less than 30 minutes. I knew there were a few hills along the way and the start would be a bit congested with the 10000 participants, so I thought this was fairly reasonable. As a challenge I was hoping to cross the finish line in less than 25 minutes.

My time? 24 minutes, 11 seconds, or just about 10 kph.

Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment